Thursday, May 5, 2011

I need to stop thinking

As always, my mind is my own worst enemy.

My mind always seems to be thinking about a million things at once, or worse, one thing specifically. I end up thinking about things I shouldn't, bad things that could happen or interpretations on things that are entirely wrong, and I always end up feeling like crap because of it. I often read to much into the actions of people, figure out double meanings of text, or try to understand peoples emotions and get it all wrong. I need to be saved from my own mind, which is maybe why I write.

I use these emotions I have stirred up or created inside myself and fuel it into a story. I make it how the character feels, what the tone is, or just write in general to distract myself from my own thoughts. Sometimes I write characters doing the things I would rather be doing or in a better mood then I am because it gets me into a better state of mind. Actually, everything I am writing right now was floating in my mind scrapping at the walls of my skull, trying to fight their way out. I'm writing this to set them free, remove these feelings from my person, and distract myself from the clawing at my heart and mind created by my own thoughts and the existance of the universe.

I pray that all of you are able to survive their own thoughts better than I can... and the zombie apocalypse.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. "- Buddha

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like me and my art.

    Hang in there, my friend!

    And I hope I'll get a chance to read some of that original fiction of yours! Your writer's voice really shines through in your work, I really love it!

    (And I like the addition of the quote by the Buddha, btw.)

    ReplyDelete