Friday, November 26, 2010

Why do I write?

I write because of the way it makes me feel. I write for the love of creating new sentences, phrases, paragraphs, that have never been written before. Because it allows me to make the fantasy place in my head into something real. Because it keeps me sane. Because I might explode if I don't. Because of my love of the complex beauty of the english language. For my love of watching a blank sheet of paper turn into something meaningful. Because I can create a world where anything is possible. Because of an undying desire within me to do it. Because of "if there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." (Toni Morrison)

To put this all together, I write because I love writing.


"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

"A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket." ~Charles Peguy

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." ~Sylvia Plath

"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium." ~Norbet Platt

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." ~William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment